Friday, April 2, 2010

The Influence of Toys on Children

After I read this article, I learned that the toys might be influence children's learning skills in the future. Although the researchers thought that nature causes most of part in language use, other professors proof that nurture influence might be more important than nature. For instance, the boys usually get a car as toy, and the girl get a grocery store as toy. However, when the boy play car together, they won't talk about the car's function or some equipment, so they don't have chance to practice their conversation skill with other children. In contrast, when girls play grocery store together, they need to pretend they are in the grocery store and talk to each other. They have to talk like adult, or they cannot keep playing. For these reason, the choice of toys are important for parents.

The toys will influence on children's language use that was surprised for me. I thought that toys just children for fun, let them feel happy, so sometimes it not necessary fro children. However, this article proofs some idea about difference between boys and girls from researchers. According to this article opinion, the toys chose by parents. The parents choose toys from gender-stereotyped, if toys chose by children themselves, maybe things would be different. I remembered when I was a little boy, I very like train and airplane's model. I used to play by myself; I don't like to share with other children even my younger sister. About ten years old, I play video games more than toys. Maybe that is the reason why I am not good at communicates with people because I used to play alone. Until now I understand, the toys was keyword. That's terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment